Most people don’t start thinking about Christmas until December. But I’ve been thinking about it since June! Part of my job is to plan the Christmas Fayre, which is a big event in our calendar, and more importantly, a big fundraiser for the school.
There’s so much to organise, it’s quite daunting to start with. But with a lot of involvement from our wonderful students and staff, we get there eventually and produce a fantastic festive day for all the family!
So with just one week to go, we are very excited to invite all students, families and friends along to the Christmas Fayre, which will be held on Saturday 9th December 11am-4pm. Whatever the weather, it’s a fabulous festive family day out, with loads of shopping, children’s activities and refreshments!
All money raised goes directly back into the school to help finance the Rewards System and house funds. Admission is just £2 per adult, with kids going free.
What you can expect on the day:
- 2 halls full of craft and gift stalls
- Santa’s Grotto
- Dodworth Colliery Brass Band
- Sheffield Harmony Barbershop singers
- Face Painting by Face Painting Sheffield – Henna, Facepaint and Festival themed glitter
- Craft activities – wreath making, Christmas Card making, Design your own tree, colouring in etc.
- Chocolate Tombola
- A luxury raffle with some fantastic prizes, including bottles of fizz, shopping vouchers, local restaurant vouchers, technology, SUFC tickets, and much more!
- House Hampers – each house will be putting a hamper together with their house colours as the theme. Students will be asked to donate an item to their house hamper in the coming weeks.
- Big Challenge stalls – students selling their own products
- Food and drink – hot sandwiches, pizzas etc