Sixth Form Entry
How to Apply to High Storrs Sixth Form
- Students at Sheffield Local Authority schools (including High Storrs), please complete an application on ‘UCAS Progress’
- Students at an independent school or from a school outside of Sheffield, please complete the Common Application Form (CAF), available as a download to the right, and return this to Sheffield City Council, not school.
- Students are advised to select at least 4 subjects, although they may eventually only start 3 of these. Please list your subject choices in preferential order.
- You must select your subjects from the list of those on offer, see list on the right. Full course details are available here
- Students MUST ensure that their predicted GCSE/Level 2 grades meet the entry requirements for each subject for which they are applying (see the document available to download to the right).
All students who enrol onto courses for September 2019 will be expected to show the required application to their course and to attend fully. Support will be available from Subject Teachers and Form Tutors at all times, but it is the responsibility of students to access and use this support. During the initial weeks, students' progress will be monitored closely and if concerns are raised a programme of mentoring and additional support will be put in place to support progress.
HIGH STORRS SIXTH FORM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
We expect our Sixth Form students to show a genuine desire to continue in education. In order to successfully start a programme of study we require students to have passed a minimum of five GCSEs Grade 9 - 4 / A* - C, including English Language. We do not offer English Language GCSE resit; students must therefore achieve at least Grade 4 in English Language to secure a place at High Storrs Sixth Form.
Please check additional individual subject requirements that may apply carefully (see the document available to download to the right).
Good GCSE grades in English and Mathematics are important for progression into many further courses and careers. Any student studying A Level courses who has not gained a Grade 4 or better in Mathematics will be required to attend lessons to prepare for a Maths re-sit examination.
Please note that we only offer a GCSE re-sit in Mathematics.
In High Storrs School students are expected to pay for all examinations which they re-sit.
- Classical Civilisation
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- English Language
- English Literature
- Film Studies
- History - Early Modern
- History - Modern
- Mathematics - Further
- Music Technology
- Religious Studies
Level 3 Diploma
- Food Science and Nutrition