ways to support high Storrs school
We strongly believe that High Storrians are a huge part of High Storrs School; not just its history, but also the support our Alumni give us now and in the future.
High Storrs School has a rich history of philanthropy and support from its former students, which we are very grateful for and proud of.
Over the years, our Alumni have contributed greatly through one-off donations to specific projects, such as
- The refurbishment of our 'Mouseman' lectern in 2018
- Our appeal to buy a grand piano in 2013
- Fundraising for Sheffield Children's Hospital charity to buy our elephant, Summer, in 2016
- Supporting key events financially
- Donating towards upgrading the facilities in the Main Hall
- In 2017/18 the #SaveClassics appeal
There are always projects going on in school which require funding, if you are interested in helping a specific project or would like to know more, then please contact us.
Equally, the School Fund is in place to provide funding for a variety of projects which can be bid for within school. Therefore, Alumni members often feel happy to donate towards this fund which allows us greater flexibility to make money available as and when needed.
Should you wish to support the school on a more regular basis, the school is able to assist you with setting up a regular donation gift. If you'd like to find out more about this, then please get in touch.
It is through kind donations from former students and staff, parents and community members that means we are able to provide extras that would not normally be possible.
leaving a gift in your will:
The students at High Storrs benefit greatly from legacies, gifts and scholarships left by former students, for example:
- The Trevor Belk Memorial Prize for Citizenship
- The Alf Ridler Award for Chemistry
- The Sir George Franklin Awards for Merit
- The Peggy Haydock Award for Music
- The Ethel Middleton Best Pupil to Sheffield University Prize
- The Florence Margaret Couzens Memorial
- The Alan Birchall Art Award
A gift in your will can make a lasting contribution for generations. We can provide guidance on this to help you design a gift that reflects your interests and values.
For more information, or for a confidential discussion on making a gift to High Storrs School, please contact Abi Merritt in the Alumni Office.
Click here to email
Telephone: 0114 2670000
High Storrs School
High Storrs Road
High Storrians Network
If you are interested in joining our network, please submit your details using our form.