Results and Achievements
Our students went on to study a variety of subjects including Accounting and Finance, Acting, Archaeology, Art Foundation Course, Biology, Business Management, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Criminology, Dance, Economics, Film, History, Law, Maths, Medicine, Midwifery and Nursing, Music, Neuroscience, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Sports, Natural Sciences
Last year’s students achieved outstanding results:
- 60% of all exam entries achieved A* - B grades, of these 28% achieved A* - A
- Average point score per student: 741
- Average Point per Entry: 221
- ALPS Score: For this year and for our three year trend, defined as ‘Excellent’
- Four students secured a place at either Oxford or Cambridge
Congratulations to our Oxbridge candidates, who secured places to read:
- Isabelle Baker - Clare College, Cambridge - Natural Sciences,
- Isobel Chalmers - New College, Oxford - PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics),
- Hannah Martin - St John's College, Cambridge - Psychology and Behavioral Science,
- Etienne Soubes-Goldman - St John's College, Oxford - Biological Sciences.
This year we congratulate six of our students who are holding offers from the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge:
- Davy (Linguistics at Cambridge),
- Ansaam (Medicine, Oxford),
- Megan (Human Sciences, Oxford),
- Bathseba (English, Cambridge),
- Harry (Natural Science, Cambridge)
- Felix (Physics, Oxford).
Their applications process has been extensive and challenging, but we make sure our students don’t have to go through it alone. Our Oxbridge programme supports and guides any students who aspire to study at these prestigious universities; we have visiting speakers, Open Day visits, tailored lunchtime sessions and specialist subject practice interviews. Many thanks to all staff, governors and associates of High Storrs who have contributed to this accomplishment. All the students who have been successful, as well as those who narrowly missed out, deserve high praise for dedicating the time and energy to put themselves forward. Well done!
OUR MOST RECENT OFSTED REPORT - NOVEMBER 2013
We are delighted that Ofsted judged our Sixth Form to be 'Outstanding'. This is the third inspection that has awarded this judgement to the Sixth Form.
The statements from the report that are relevant to the Sixth Form are as follows (The full report can be found here):
- "The Sixth Form is 'Outstanding' because teaching and outcomes for Sixth Form students are outstanding."
- "Students make outstanding progress in the school's inclusive Sixth Form. Attainment has improved over the last 3 years and in particular AS results are above national average."
- "Teaching in the Sixth Form is outstanding. Teachers provide high quality lessons and supportive tuition where additional assistance is required."
- "Behaviour is also outstanding. Students to whom the inspectors spoke were unanimously positive about Sixth Form life. Their thirst for knowledge is a strong factor in their rapid progress in lessons."
- "Leadership and management in the Sixth Form are outstanding. The Sixth Form offers an outstanding range of courses supplemented by highly effective partnerships with two other local providers."
- "The wide range of visits and external experiences contribute to students' rich extra-curricular experience in the Sixth Form."
- 13s achieved A* - B in 60% of the A Levels they sat
- 23 students gained 3 or more A* or A grade A Levels
- 11.1% of passes (55) were A* for A2 (7.0% in 2015)
- 96% of candidates achieved 2 or more passes at A Level (95% in 2015)
- 98.4% of all A2 entries grades A* - E
- Our ALPS score at A2 Level is 3 (excellent)
The Sixth Form is 'Outstanding' because teaching and outcomes for Sixth Form students are outstanding.Ofsted 2013