Results and Achievements
Our students went on to study a variety of subjects including Accounting and Finance, Acting, Archaeology, Art Foundation Course, Biology, Business Management, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Criminology, Dance, Economics, Film, History, Law, Maths, Medicine, Midwifery and Nursing, Music, Neuroscience, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Sports, Natural Sciences.
Last year’s students achieved outstanding results:
- 17 Students gained 3 or more A* or A grade A Levels (2 of these achieved 4 A* grades)
- 96% of candidates achieved 2 or more passes at A Level
- 99% of all A Level entries were A* - E grade
- ALPS Score: For this year is defined as ‘Very Good’
- Five students secured a place at either Oxford or Cambridge
Congratulations to our Oxbridge candidates, who secured places to read:
- Ansaam El-Sherif (Medicine, Oxford),
- Megan James (Human Sciences, Oxford),
- Bathseba Lockwood-Brook (English, Cambridge),
- Harry King (Natural Science, Cambridge)
- Felix Walker (Physics, Oxford).
Their applications process was extensive and challenging, but we always make sure our students don’t go through it alone. Our Oxbridge programme supports and guides any students who aspire to study at these prestigious universities; we have visiting speakers, Open Day visits, tailored lunchtime sessions and specialist subject practice interviews. Many thanks to all staff, governors and associates of High Storrs who contribute to this accomplishment. All the students who have been successful, as well as those who narrowly missed out, deserve high praise for dedicating the time and energy to put themselves forward. Well done!
OUR MOST RECENT OFSTED REPORT - NOVEMBER 2013
We are delighted that Ofsted judged our Sixth Form to be 'Outstanding'. This is the third inspection that has awarded this judgement to the Sixth Form.
The statements from the report that are relevant to the Sixth Form are as follows (The full report can be found here):
- "The Sixth Form is 'Outstanding' because teaching and outcomes for Sixth Form students are outstanding."
- "Students make outstanding progress in the school's inclusive Sixth Form. Attainment has improved over the last 3 years and in particular AS results are above national average."
- "Teaching in the Sixth Form is outstanding. Teachers provide high quality lessons and supportive tuition where additional assistance is required."
- "Behaviour is also outstanding. Students to whom the inspectors spoke were unanimously positive about Sixth Form life. Their thirst for knowledge is a strong factor in their rapid progress in lessons."
- "Leadership and management in the Sixth Form are outstanding. The Sixth Form offers an outstanding range of courses supplemented by highly effective partnerships with two other local providers."
- "The wide range of visits and external experiences contribute to students' rich extra-curricular experience in the Sixth Form."
- 2 students achieved 4 A* grades at A Level
- 6 students gained at least 2 A* grades at A Level
- 7% of passes (55) were A* for A Level
- 99% of all A Level entries were grades A* - E
- Our ALPS score at A Level is 4 (Very Good)
The Sixth Form is 'Outstanding' because teaching and outcomes for Sixth Form students are outstanding.Ofsted 2013