Governors and Senior Leadership
High Storrs Governing Body
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. Governors appoint the Headteacher and Deputy Headteachers. It is governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is governors who work with the Headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
The role of the governing board is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher (a critical friend)
Local Authority Governors
Mr A Child, Mr A Farkas, Ms L King and Mrs M Saffer.
Mr M Holland, Mr P Joynson, Mrs B Manku, Mr D Mowbray (Chair Elect), and Mrs P Thompson.
Mr M Mahroof, Mrs J Owen, Mr S Price (Vice Chair Elect), Ms P Sehmar, Mr P Thomas, Mr J Whittle and Mr C Williams.
Mr I Gage, Mr I O’Connor, Mr P Rockliffe and Mrs M Stephens.
Mr T Goodhill
They are actively involved in many aspects of school life, focusing in particular on:
- Budget management
- Staffing and recruitment
- Student well-being and discipline
- Health and Safety
- School improvement
- Performance management
This work is undertaken through the following committees:
- Curriculum & Standards
- Personnel & Pay
- Finance and General Purposes
- Student Matters
Their backgrounds are varied, being drawn from both the public and private sectors and so bring a wide range of fresh perspectives from their own work environment.
If you would like to contact the Chair of Governors, please do so by letter to the school address.
High Storrs Senior Leadership Team
Our Senior Leadership team consists of the Headteacher, two Deputy Headteachers and six Assistant Headteachers.